CKE Press Release
March 19, 2012
Carl’s Jr. Presents the “Laker Girls Lunch Date” Tour
CARPINTERIA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starting today, Carl’s Jr.® kicks off a three-week in-restaurant tour featuring the world-famous Los Angeles Laker Girls. Today through April 7, the “Laker Girls Lunch Date at Carl’s Jr.” tour will offer Southern California guests and Lakers fans the opportunity to meet and mingle with the Laker Girls at participating Carl’s Jr. restaurants in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and Ventura counties.
“Burgers, basketball and the Laker Girls – what more could young, hungry guys and Lakers fans want?” said Steve Lemley, senior vice president of field marketing for Carl’s Jr. “With the ‘Laker Girls Lunch Date’ tour, Carl’s Jr. is offering guests and Lakers fans the opportunity to come together and support our hometown team while enjoying lunch with the NBA’s hottest dance group.”
Over the course of three weeks, the tour will visit 20 different Carl’s Jr. locations across Southern California; one stop per day, every day. Two or more Laker Girls will be in-store for one hour to autograph photos and pose for pictures with guests. Participants will also receive Carl’s Jr. coupons and other goodies. Fans sporting purple and gold on Lakers game days will have the chance to receive additional giveaway items.
“The Lakers are excited to team up with Carl’s Jr. again this year and bring the Laker Girls to fans throughout Southern California,” Lakers Senior Vice President of Business Operations, Tim Harris, said. “This tour allows Lakers fans to share their love for their favorite NBA team and the big delicious burgers at Carl’s Jr.”
Dates and locations for the “Laker Girls Lunch Date at Carl’s Jr.” tour include:
- March 19, 2-3 p.m.: 6221 Pats Ranch Rd., Mira Loma, CA 91752
- March 20, 2-3 p.m.: 957 Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA 92673
- March 21, 2-3 p.m.: 3510 E. Chapman, Orange, CA 92869
- March 22, 2-3 p.m.: 21703 S. Avalon Blvd., Carson, CA 90745
- March 23, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 424 W. Los Feliz Rd., Glendale, CA 91204
- March 24, 2-3 p.m.: 450 The City Dr. S., Orange, CA 92868 (The Block)
- March 25, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 1231 W. Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park, CA 91754
- March 26, 2-3 p.m.: 230 W. Foothill Pkwy., Corona, CA 92882
- March 27, 2-3 p.m.: 4240 Riverwalk Pkwy., Riverside, CA 92505
- March 28, 2-3 p.m.: 701 S. Beach Blvd., La Habra, CA 90631
- March 29, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 3607 Trousdale Pkwy., Los Angeles, CA 90089 (USC)
- March 30, 2-3 p.m.: 22580 Cactus Ave., Moreno Valley, CA 92553
- March 31, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 1005 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90019
- April 1, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 2521 W. Commonwealth Ave., Alhambra, CA 91803
- April 2, 2-3 p.m.: 30660 Rancho California Rd., Temecula, CA 92591
- April 3, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 1465 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106
- April 4, 2-3 p.m.: 8361 La Palma Ave., Buena Park, CA 90620
- April 5, 2-3 p.m.: 1250 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92507
- April 6, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: 2912 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90007
- April 7, 2-3 p.m.: 3255 Saviers Rd., Oxnard, CA 93033
For more information and a complete list of participating Carl's Jr. restaurants and addresses, visit www.lakers.com/carlsjr.
About Carl’s Jr.
Carl’s Jr. is celebrating more than 70 years in the quick-service industry. What began as a lone hot dog cart in Los Angeles, Calif., in 1941 is today a wholly owned subsidiary of CKE Restaurants, Inc. of Carpinteria, Calif. As of the end of Q3 fiscal 2012, CKE, through its subsidiaries, had a total of 3,219 franchised, licensed or company-operated restaurants in 42 states and in 23 countries, including 1,292 Carl’s Jr. restaurants and 1,917 Hardee’s® restaurants. For more information on CKE Restaurants, visit www.ckr.com, or for brand information, visit www.carlsjr.com. Carl’s Jr. social media sites include www.facebook.com/carlsjr, www.twitter.com/carlsjr and www.youtube.com/carlsjr.
About the Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers hold the most wins and highest winning percentage in NBA history. Currently in their 64th season in the NBA, the Lakers have won 16 NBA Championships, while reaching the NBA Finals a league-high 31 times. Seventeen former Lakers players have been enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, along with legendary coaches John Kundla, Bill Sharman, Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. Most of their rich history was narrated by Hall of Fame broadcaster Chick Hearn, who announced a record 3,338 consecutive games from 1965 to 2001.
Owner of the Los Angeles Lakers since 1979, Dr. Jerry Buss has built one of the most successful organizations in the history of professional sports, earning him enshrinement in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. During his ownership, the Lakers have won 10 NBA Championships and made 16 trips to the NBA Finals, while recording the most victories and highest overall winning percentage in the NBA.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50208045&lang=enContact: